Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Zumbro Falls, Minnesota

This was my 2nd time visiting Minnesota since I was maybe 13 years old, when I went camping and boating at Lake ShI attend a Women Christian Retreat held by Deaf Fruit Ministry of Minnesota with a friend of mine Roxane. The key speaker was Megg Rose, which was the main purpose why I attended. Megg's ministry 'Deaf Women of Fatih' vlogs has always inspired me and her love for God is extraordinary! 

It was prefect timing for me to go because my relationship with Lord is weak, not been attending church as much past 2 years. I just cannot find church just like my home church 'Open door Baptist Church' in Rochester, where I discovered the truth! This retreat had helped me reconnect with The Lord, gave me hope, and show me new way to have a better relationship with The Lord. 


Side note: I came to this retreat knowing NO ONE (beside Roxane), was amazed how small world God created among us. I met several ladies who knew my "spiritual mother" Veronika, even my sorority Sigma Sigma Sigma Sisters (3 of them, I think?!). It was worth my time, and met so many wonderful Godly women! Am blessed to be able to keep in touch with few after I left.


We all learned two main things; How to Submit yourself to God when you are going through difficult times and what our role as woman of God!


Matthew 11:28-30
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” 


What a small world... Karla was the first person I met when I arrived and end up found out she was my boss's sister!! This picture was sent to Nyle, and his response was "WHAT?!? a small world!" haha. I even asked her for few stories so I could tease him at work! She was great and fun person to chat with!
Megg Rose, sorry not the best picture. I suggest you google her and watch her testimonies! I was going to take a picture with her, they cut me off cuz ran out of time, no worries there's always be next time plus we will see each other in the right place- Haven!! :)
One beautiful morning in Minn!
Stretching before we went on a hike guided by Patti(?). She was neat person to get know and funny!




One of Tri Sigma Sister, Brenda! I was able to chat with her before we left, found out she's a social worker too, and fun person to run with!! 
Roxane and I, signing Deaf Fruit


What a wonderful experience this retreat was! I am praying the Lord will open opportunities for me to move to Minneapolis this coming up fall! Those women showed me there is plenty of churches and women fellowships/ministries that I could be part of. Plus it's not too far from home! 

Please help me pray that Lord will guide me to Minn! 


Next Destination: Europe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment