Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/graphic/map-netherlands-360x270-cb1351018598.gif
I can't believe I actually visited one of my long time dream country, The Netherlands! Never thought I would ever fall in love with this country and the city of Amsterdam!

Amsterdam is well known for Bike city, I didn't really understood what that actually meant. I thought it was just a city where they make bikes and not many bikes would be used as here in US. Once, I left the airport on way to my hotel the first thing I saw was sea of bikes!! I was in awe how many bikes there were! The scenery of buildings, roads, and the atmosphere was Beautiful!! I immediately fell in love with this city! 

I stayed in Amsterdam as solo for 4 nights before heading back to the United States.
Somewhere up above on way to Amsterdam
When I arrived to my hotel, I took nice hot shower, unpacked a little bit and took small stroll out to see what was surrounded by my hotel. I was surprised the Rijksmuseum was right next to my hotel. They had flea market, food trucks, and some kind of protesting related to Middle East crisis. There were bunch of Dutch polices on horses, they seem not too worried and it ended in less an hour. It was neat to see locals at the market just chilling, glad I got to experience this! Couples of hours later it started to rain, went back to my hotel and relaxed since my blister from hiking was killing my feet!!


I had crepes for my late snack/dinner at this station. It was delicious!
View outside of my hotel room.
Next day, in the morning I had nice dutch banana pancake which is one of must to do in Amsterdam! Rest of the day walked around west part of the city, hit different kind of stores such as 9 straatjes, visited the royal palace, grab some food at their local food store 'Albert Heijn', and again it started to rain late afternoon. 

Cheese shops are everywhere!

Royal Palace
You can go in and have varies of samples! It neat way to have a afternoon snack.
I was shocked to see this (my mom's last name is Hoppe), I went inside it was a neat wooded pub, didn't get chance to ask more about this place. My assignment next summer is to go inside have one drink and ask about this place!!
Next time will pack a umbrella!
Dutch snacks
Next day, walked around little bit more before I went on a bike tour. If you want to experience the real life of Amsterdam, take a scroll on a bike, which is a must to do while you're in Amsterdam! Glad I did it! After the tour, walked around more and had Dutch's famous food Poffertjes and Patat!











vondelpark which is only one block from my hotel, if it didn't rain too much I would spend my time here!
My tour guide in white, he was very friendly and wonderful!
I would recommend this experience! 




Anne Frank House
Nemo museum- science museum
De Gooyer Windmill, the tallest wooden mill in the Netherlands.
We stopped at the Windmill which had pub inside. I didn't have a drink cuz i was dehydrated and need water!
My group bikes!




Saw this neat hammock store, had to check it out!




Next morning, had quick breakfast and packed up before heading back to the airport. It was bittersweet leaving this city and it was time since I was exhuasted and feet was still sore.
I stayed at Appolo hotel, it was the BEST hotel I've ever stayed at in my life! Their bed, showers, and room was the best, prefect way to enjoy my time there! I recommend you this place and will stay there again when I come back!
Time to go back to the states. :(
This city... just simplify stole my heart and try to convince it's the BEST city in Europe! I will not take that till I visit rest Europe cities next summer. Will confirm with you once I know for sure! :) 

Click here for more pictures! 

Next Destination: Copper Mountain, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment